What is PEAK ATP®?
PEAK ATP® is a clinically validated and patented form of Adenosine 5’-Triphosphate (ATP) Disodium shown to improve body composition and athletic performance by increasing muscular excitability, blood flow and recovery.*
Is ATP naturally occurring in the human body?
ATP is our body’s natural energy currency. According to researchers from the University of Leeds, the human body has an ATP pool of just 250g, which is approximately the amount of energy equivalent to a single AA battery. ATP is being constantly used and regenerated in cells via a process known as respiration, which is driven by natural catalysts called enzymes. Each day the human body turns over as much ATP as its own body weight.
How does PEAK ATP® work?
PEAK ATP® helps to optimize athletic performance through three distinct mechanisms of action: 1) ATP increases muscular excitability resulting in significant gains in strength and power, 2) ATP increases blood flow, resulting in improved oxygen and nutrient delivery to the muscle and 3) ATP is involved in anabolic signaling, resulting in increased lean body mass and muscle thickness.*
What is Muscular Excitability?
Muscular excitability refers to the ability to activate muscle, thereby causing it to contract. The greater the excitability of the muscle the greater its force, velocity, and endurance properties will be. Muscle is excited by the release of calcium into the cell. Calcium serves as the trigger for contraction. Peak ATP® works by increasing and sustaining the amount of calcium available to the muscle, which boosts muscular excitability. The result is the athlete will lift greater weights and produce a greater number of repetitions per set.
How does PEAK ATP® Improve Blood Flow?
Red blood cells release ATP into the blood when muscles are fatigued, causing vasodilation to occur. PEAK ATP® supplementation increases the amount of ATP available in red blood cells. As a result of more ATP being available, significant increases in blood flow, oxygen delivery and clearance of metabolic waste products such as lactate are obtained.
What are the key benefits of PEAK ATP®?
ATP administration in combination with resistance exercise helps to
- • Increase Total Strength by 147%*1a
- • Increase Vertical Jump Power by 30%*1b
- • Increase Lean Body Mass by 100%*1c
- • Increase Muscle Thickness by 96%*1d
- • Improve Blood Flow *2e
- • Reduce Muscular Fatigue*3
Recommended dosage and suggested use of PEAK ATP®?
The manufacturer recommended dose of PEAK ATP® is 400 mg/day. As a dietary supplement, consume one serving of PEAK ATP® approximately 30-60 minutes prior to exercise. On non-training days, consume one serving approximately 20-30 minutes prior to breakfast. Consume on an empty stomach, with water.
How long does it take to see results from PEAK ATP®?
PEAK ATP®’s effects are best mediated through chronic supplementation; however, acute effects do exist. One can expect to see significant changes in body composition after approximately 6-8 weeks and measurable changes in strength and fatigue resistance in as little as 2 weeks and improvements in blood flow in as little as one week.
Who can benefit from PEAK ATP® supplementation?
- • Anyone who is looking to maximize the impact of their workout: Train Hard, Supplement Smart: double the gains from your workout.*
- • Athletes, Strength/Power Competitor, Bodybuilder/Physique Athlete: Seconds make the difference between last and first place in competitions. Athletes are looking for new, safe, natural ingredients giving them a competitive edge by helping them to increase power, strength, muscle mass or reducing fatigue.*
- • Aging Population: While we age, we lose 0.5-1.0% of our muscle mass per year after the age of 25 (“sarcopenia”). Exercise is the most powerful tool to counteract the natural loss of strength and power. ATP can help to maximize the effects of exercise on muscle mass and strength.*
What is the regulatory status of PEAK ATP®?
PEAK ATP® is considered pre-DSHEA and is available as a dietary supplement in the US and in several other countries.
Is PEAK ATP® safe?
The safety of orally-ingested PEAK ATP® is well documented in both animal and human studies. Consult your medical professional for guidance before changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program or adding a dietary supplement to your diet. Advance consultation with your physician is particularly important if you are under eighteen (18) years old, pregnant, nursing, or have health problems.
Does PEAK ATP® contain any banned substances?
PEAK ATP® is a clean, powerful and effective ingredient. PEAK ATP® is not listed on the World Anti-Doping Code 2013 prohibited list by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). Frequently Asked Questions
Is PEAK ATP® suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
Yes. PEAK ATP® does not contain milk, eggs or any products derived from mammals.
Can I use PEAK ATP® while being pregnant or breastfeeding?
Pregnant or lactating women are advised against taking ATP because safety studies have not yet been conducted in these specific populations.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. a-d percent ATP improvement over placebo improvement: a ATP 55.3 kg, Placebo 22.4 kg b ATP 796 watts, Placebo 614 watts c ATP 4.0 kg, Placebo 2.0 kg d ATP 4.9 mm, Placebo 2.5 mm, e ATP 600.9 ml/min immediately after exercise after one week, baseline 391.0 ml/min.  Wilson JM, Joy JM, Lowery RP, Lockwood CM, Roberts MD, Fuller Jr JC, De Souza EO, Baier SM, Wilson SMC, Rathmacher JA. Effects of oral adenosine-5'-triphosphate (ATP) supplementation on athletic performance, skeletal muscle hypertrophy and recovery in resistance-trained men. Nutr Metab (Lond.) 2013, 10:57.  Jäger R, Roberts MD, Lowery RP, Joy JM, Cruthirds CL, Lockwood CM, Rathmacher JA, Purpura M, Wilson JM. Oral adenosine-5'-triphosphate (ATP) administration improves blood flow following exercise in animals and humans. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2014, 11:28. Rathmacher, JA Fuller JC, Baier SM, Abumrad NN, Angus HF, Sharp RL. Adenosine-5’-triphosphate (ATP) supplementation improves low peak muscle torque and torque fatigue during repeated high intensity exercise sets. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2012, 9:48.